TN Visa & Status
- TN status is for Canadian and Mexican persons engaged in activities at a professional level. 8 C.F.R. §214.6.
- TN-visa applicants must prove that they do not intend to immigrate.
- In order to qualify for a TN-visa one must be considered a professional and must have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree.
- The Dual Intent Doctrine is applicable, but there is no limit on the amount of years a TN-visa holder can remain under TN-status.
- Spouses and unmarried minor children accompanying or following to join TN will get a TD visa.
- They shall not accept employment unless they are otherwise authorized. 8 C.F.R. §214.6(j).
- They are permitted to attend school on a full time basis. 9 FAM 41.59 N12.1
- A domestic servant of a TN who meets the requirements for domestic servants entering the U.S. under 9 FAM 41.31 N6.3-3 may be issued a B-1 visa. 9 FAM 41.59 N13.3.